Vacation Mini Album - Part 3


Today I'm back with the final pages of my Canada vacation mini album and a few more thoughts about the process. You can find my previous posts here: Part 1 and Part 2.

I am always picking up maps when we're on a trip and then when we get back home, I never do anything with them.  Instead of just holding on to them or tossing them, I decided to use them as page backgrounds in the album and I love the result!  Here's how they look:



We'd actually used some of these maps to navigate (since we didn't have roaming data on the trip) and so some of our pen marks are visible on the pages.


These pages are spread throughout the album and I like the pop of color they add.  On the following spread, I made the map page wider and then folded it in to give me a little more space to hold photos and journaling.



I will definitely be using maps again in my vacation scrapbooking!

I added an envelope as the final page and it holds some memorabilia from our trip, including postcards, notes, extra photos and a list of what/where we ate.  


A few of my photos prompted longer stories that I will include on traditional scrapbook pages but overall, this mini album does exactly what I intended - it gives a great overview of our trip.  I'm very pleased with the planner page format and I have plenty of pages left for another project.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my album!  If you have any questions about what I used or want any more details, please leave me a comment and I'll be happy to answer!



2 comments :

  1. Thank you sharing your travel journals! They are really great and inspiring me. I love mini albums. I do have a question about the little cards that look to be about 3x4 size where you can write info in about the page. They are black and white. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jacquie! Those cards are from the In a Creative Bubble digital shop. I just printed them off and filled them in. The link to the shop is http://creativebubble.bigcartel.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs