Counterfeit Kit Challenge - August Mini Kit Reveal


It's mini kit reveal day on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and we are using the Gossamer Blue July 2017 kits as our inspiration.  Here is the main kit, which I used as a starting point:
Gossamer Blue July 2017 Main Kit
When I assembled my kit, I concentrated on the patterned paper shown in the bottom left of the above photo.  Here's my take on the inspiration:


I used a variety of 6x6 paper pads when I made my selections - I think the small size is just perfect for a mini kit! Here's the rundown on the papers:
          1.  Green pattern: Maggie Holmes "Gather" Collection
          2.  Blue & white stripe: Maggie Holmes "Chasing Dreams" Collection
          3.  Red script:  We R Memory Keepers "Wildflower" Collection
          4.  Yellow and white pattern:  Crate Paper "Cute Girl" Collection
          5.  Dark floral:  Pink Paislee "Moonstruck" Collection
          6.  White with stars: Crate Paper "After Dark" Collection

Then I turned to the Gossamer Blue July 2017 traveler's notebook kit to help guide my embellishment choices:
Gossamer Blue July 2017 Traveler's Notebook Kit
I added a selection from several October Afternoon tidbits and journaling card packs, a sheet of small border stickers from Photo Play Paper (in place of the washi), some tiny dots from Heidi Grace (in place of the brads), an Amy Tangerine roller stamp and a couple of frames that happened to be out on my table.


Once my kit was assembled, it was time to put it to work!

The colors of this kit, along with all the back-to-school displays I've been seeing in stores lately, inspired me to make a couple of school-themed pages.  Now that my girls are grown and no longer in school, I get a little nostalgic at this time of year.  I decided to document those feelings on my first page:


I cut strips from three of the patterned papers, assembled them into a square and then placed it on the diagonal in the center of my page.




The notebook paper embellishments from October Afternoon were perfect for tucking around my paper (I cut them in half to stretch them a little further).

I finished the page by adding the camera tag and other October Afternoon bits and pieces, along with some of the border stickers.

I still had plenty of the kit left so I decided to make another page.  This one has a school theme, too:

I centered everything right down the middle of the page.  I wanted to use up those frames and was initially planning to write my journaling in their open spaces.  I happened to flip over some of the October Afternoon speech bubbles (which had sentiments on the front that didn't really match my theme) and re-discovered that they were blank on the back side - perfect!  So I added my journaling to them, added some form tape to the back for some dimension and arranged them in the frames.


A couple of stickers at the top was all I need to complete the page.

Please stop by the CKC blog to take a look at the other mini kits and projects made by the Master Forgers.  I hope you'll make one of your own too - don't forget to add your creation to the link here.  You can also see more on our Instagram account and in our Facebook community too.

7 comments :

  1. Both pages are absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure your girls will love them too. Cute speech bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mini you put together, those mini dots are so cute. The second layout is my favorite with the speach bubbles in the frames.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing the OA goodies! I'm afraid when I see Back to School I think, Gack! Where did Summer go?!? Have missed keeping up with you 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a teacher long before I was a mom, and school supplies just make my heart flutter!!! :) Is there anything more nostalgic than the smell of a new pack of crayons? Or the smell of a jar of paste -- I'm taken right back to my kindergarten days! Very cute page, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great mini-love your clean style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well a great kit that is just enough and not too much. And of course, the design of your layouts is always to be admired. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs