Counterfeit Kit Challenge - April Mini-Kit Reveal


This is my month to put together a mini-kit for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog based on the Cocoa Daisy February 2017 Kits.  I used the exclusive papers as the basis for a page kit.  Here's a look at my inspiration:

Cocoa Daisy Exclusive Add-On Papers
I flipped through some of my 6x6 paper pads, looking specifically for papers with a large polka dot, small print, chevron and woodgrain.  Once I picked out the papers, I quickly pulled some coordinating embellishments from a little pile that I hadn't yet put away - sometimes it pays to be a little messy!  Here is my page kit:




My embellishments include some rubber banners and a tag from Maggie Holmes, puffy heart stickers from Elle's Studio, and a 4x6 card and a sheet of blue puffy "plus signs" from the Ali Edwards' "Bond" Story kit. 

Since we are using Cocoa Daisy for our inspiration this month, I decided to base my page on their March page sketch:

March Page Sketch
Here is my page:


I've had the photo on the left in my "to scrap" pile - it's been there for quite a while because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.  The 4x6 pocket card gave me the idea to tell the story of the sister bond between my daughters.  I paired it with a second, older, photo that I converted to black and white - I wanted two photos on the page to show the bond between the girls over the years.


I trimmed the card into a banner shape and used it as the title for my page.  I scattered my journaling around the layout, adding pairs of plus sign stickers and hearts to further emphasize the theme of my page.  I outlined the paper strips and banner to help them stand out a little more, and then outlined the page edges as well.  My last step was to add three of the rubber banners.

We've got more mini-kits and projects on the CKC blog - go here to see what some of the other Master Forgers have in store.  I hope you've been inspired to make up your own kit this month, whether it's a page kit, a mini-kit or one packed full of your favorite supplies.  And don't forget to add your kit to our monthly link-up so that we can all see what you put together.







8 comments :

  1. Your layout is adorable! Love the colours and the cute embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a seriously kit page AND I enjoyed reading the story of your thinking as you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should be cute. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love ur mini-kit. very beautiful LO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, as always, I'm floored by your lovely layout! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it - the outlining is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this page. It's so bright and fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs